The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is the next installment in the award-winning Elder Scrolls series. Skyrim is the follow up to the 2006 Game of the Year, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and the next game from Bethesda Game Studios, creators of the 2008 Game of the Year, Fallout 3.
- Features -
- Skyrim reimagines the open-world fantasy epic, pushing the game play and technology of a virtual world to new heights
- Play any type of character you can imagine, and do whatever you want; the legendary freedom of choice, storytelling
- Skyrim's new game engine brings to life a complete virtual world with rolling clouds, rugged mountains, bustling cities, lush fields.
- Choose from hundreds of weapons, spells, and abilities; the new character system allows you to play any way you want
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Reviews
373 of 421 people found the following review helpful:
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)I have never had such a love/hate relationship with a game before in my life. I feel like I could write 10 pages on this topic, but here is the most succinct version I can muster.
- First 40 hours are an incredible, immersive experience. The most complex and comprehensive RPG I've ever played. I wish it could have gone on forever, but...
- At a certain point (varies based on save game file size), the game starts to go horribly, horribly wrong.
- Frame rates drop drastically, making the game unplayable. A system reboot is required every 1-2 hours for this one issue.
- Game locks up the PS3 on loading screens, forcing a hard (and potentially damaging) reset to your console
- Quests do not complete / quest items do not go into the inventory / rewards are not properly assigned
- Enemies exhibit bizarre and unintended behavior that can create problems with quest completion (e.g. Dragon Souls not being absorbed properly)
- Game locks... Read more
157 of 178 people found the following review helpful:
Consumers are NOT Beta-Testers !!! (updated),
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)*** please read the 12/9/11 update below this article ***
Bad news: This is why you may want to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (protecting consumers):
A) the game came with game-breaking bugs that prevent users from finishing it
B) it was not stated on the retail-box that an internet connection is required to get the game to work properly in the first place (we're not talking patches/updates but major, crucial modifications necessary for an even adequately acceptable gameplay experience)
C) retailers won't give consumers a full refund if they choose to return this defective product (defective due to the publishers negligence)
D) Bethesda's latest patch (1.2) has done little to improve the issue and has, in fact, in most cases caused even more grief. Scaling down graphics detail (particuarly landscape-fade-in and dynamic lighting effects) to cover up memory leaks is poor programming and a slap in the face for every... Read more
300 of 356 people found the following review helpful:
Glitchesda shoots themselves in the foot...REPEATEDLY,
This review is from: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Video Game)**Update**
This is painful for me to do but I shouldn't tell people to get the game if they're going to run into problems. I'm still keeping the original review but let it be known, let the word be known, Bethesda's veritable Magnum Opus is glitched beyond belief on the PS3 and there is little to nothing their new patch does to fix it.
I've tried everything. Turning off the auto-save, taking breaks to wipe the PS3's cache clean but all those are only temporary solutions. The game plays fine for only an hour or two and then it lags up. On top of that, there a numerous other glitches, quite possibly the most annoying one being when your character DOES NOT absorb the soul of a dead dragon. Though it only happened to me once I can't help but feel more than a little angry when this glitch happened AFTER the new patch, especially when on their forums they stated this glitch would be resolved.
Between these awful, game breaking glitches and the fact these jerks... Read more
› See all 508 customer reviews...