Includes PlayStation 3 80GB system, Dualshock 3 wireless controller, free PlayStation Network membership, internet ready Wi-Fi, and 80GB of hard disk storage for all your games, music, videos, and photos. Every PS3 comes with a built-in Blu-ray player to give you the best high-definition viewing experience and pristine picture quality. Plus, the PS3 can play your entire catalog of CDs and DVDs.
- Includes PlayStation 3 80 GB system, Dualshock 3 wireless controller, and free PlayStation Network membership
- Internet ready Wi-Fi
- 80 GB of hard disk storage for all your games, music, videos, and photos
- Built-in Blu-ray player to give you the best high-definition viewing experience and pristine picture quality
- Play your entire catalog of CDs and DVDs
PlayStation 3 80GB System
PlayStation 3 80GB System Reviews
1,956 of 1,989 people found the following review helpful:
Great Configuration, Great Console,
This review is from: PlayStation 3 80GB System (Video Game)A lot of people have written about the pros and cons of the PS3 vs. XBOX 360 vs. Wii. I'm not bothering with that, and assume you can find that information at elsewhere. I'm also assuming you can read all about why the PS3 would or would not fit your needs.
Instead, I'd like this review to explain what exactly this configuration is (there's a lot of confusion about that,) and why I think it hits the sweet spot. Basically, there are currently 2 versions of the PS3 on the market now. Ignoring the size of the drive for a second (because you can always swap the drive anyway, and it has no real bearing on the rest of the specs) think of them as Version A (currently available - or not as the case may be - in the PlayStation 3 80 GB Metal Gear Solid 4 Pack) and Version B (this one.)
The first thing that you need to... Read more
289 of 323 people found the following review helpful:
How to make it near-complete,
This review is from: PlayStation 3 80GB System (Video Game)Necessary disclosure: I do not own this model. I have what used to be a 60GB model, recently upgraded to 320GB - the gold standard.
As compared to the 60GB model:
+ less expensive (I paid $599 for my 60GB PS3)
+ 33% more storage
+ needs less power
+ dual shock controller (rumble)
- no memory card interfaces
- 2 USB ports vs. 4 USB ports on the 60GB
- no PS2 compatibility
This model comes with an 80GB drive. This is nice because, most would agree, 80GB is more than 60GB. If you feel that the extra 20GB is a big deal, maybe you should think again. I upgraded my 60GB to 320GB because I was about to run out of space, with only 10GB or so left. One month or so later, I'm using more than 80GB already - just downloaded the Ratchet and Clank minigame from PSN and it alone needs about 3GB. My advice is to buy this model... Read more
110 of 121 people found the following review helpful:
Best Blue Ray Player on the Market! (AWESOME UNIQUE FEATURES),
This review is from: PlayStation 3 80GB System (Video Game)The Playstation 3 is an incredible Blue Ray Player, that has features NOT available in any other Blue Ray Player. I am not a game player - and simply bought this unit as a Blue Ray and DVD player. However - on comparison, there are so many benefits compared to other Blue Ray players.
Here are the surprise benefits you get from this INCREDIBLE technology vs. a regular Blue Ray Player:
1. Picture Quality - SUPERB (Easily compares to most expensive Blue Ray Players)
2. REGULAR DVD's PLAY IN A HIGHER RESOLUTION - Incredible difference to a regular DVD player.
3. Wireless INTERNET Connection - Surf web on your TV. (NO WIRES REQUIRED)
4. Automatic BLUE RAY format Updates (FREE and AUTOMATIC) - Upgrades as technology changes.
5. HARD Drive (80 GB) - Store movies, music, etc.
6. Beautiful Black Console - Doesn't look like a game player on shelf.
7. EASY to set-up (Ready in a few minutes)
8. LOWER PRICED - All these unique... Read more
› See all 443 customer reviews...